Welcome to St. Johns Golf Club
Voted Best of St. Augustine 2019. Come play and see why on our 18 championship holes, enjoy the St. Augustine area's largest public practice facilities, and up your game with our clinics and lessons.
Check out Late Risers Bar & Grille for delicious local eats, beer, wine & spirits! Late Risers is a chef-owned restaurant with a scratch-prepared menu featuring hot, cold, and grab-and-go items.
Visit our fully-stocked Pro Shop featuring nearly all major manufacturers, for balls, apparel, shoes, accessories, bags, and more! We also offer equipment repair.
Events & Announcements
We will be spraying 3 products starting on October 11th to aid in removing the undesirable species of turf grass and weeds from the golf course. This is a typical process done before a renovation occurs and while the grass is actively growing. The spraying will result in a similar look to a really cold winter when the turf naturally goes off color and is dormant. The spray mix will have a green pigment added to it to help aid in the appearance. Playing conditions will be similar to dormant turf, and with it being dry we expect faster ball rolls through the fairways and rough.
We will not be treating Greens during this process.
The 3 products that we are using are: Tri Clopyr 4E Select (brand name: Triclopyr used at 1 quart per acre), Fusilade II (brand name: fluazifop-p-butyl used at 24 ounces per acre) and Ranger Pro (brand name: glyphosate used at 4 quarts per acre).
- Spraying of turf will be done by a contracted licensed applicator.
- Label directions will be followed in the use of all products applied.
- Products used requires the applicators and handlers to wear long sleeve shirts, long pants, chemical resistant gloves, socks and shoes.
- Drift management is between 2-10mph. Above 10 mph application will be halted.
- Products are required to dry on plant before any human or pet enters the area. A qualified person will confirm before play can proceed.
If you have any concerns please feel free to contact your Golf Course Superintendent. Staff has provided Myth and Fact Sheets regarding the products being used. There is a lot of research, university studies, and factual knowledge out there that has been helping farmers and agronomists for over 40 years perform a similar process to what will be occurring at the Golf Course.
By now, most of you have heard the exciting news that the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) approved the renovation of the golf course in a 5 – 0 vote. Now the questions, what exactly was funded, when will this happen, and what about the other acreage and potential uses.
The funding is broken down into four areas. They are golf course renovations, club house and cart barn renovations, infrastructure and contingency.
- golf course renovations – $4,943,281.00
- club house and cart barn renovations – $1,427,712.00
- infrastructure – $250,000.00
- contingency – $1,324,199.00
- Total project – $7,945,192.00
The good news is we have the funding, and are close to complete plans in order to go to bid. We have used the following groups to help with the design.
- Golf Course | Larsen Golf
- Club House Cart Barn | PQH Group
- Infrastructure | Matthews Design Group
As for when will this happen, we have started to work through that process. Construction documents are being targeted for the following estimated timeline:
- Bid out in September
- Bid opening in October
- BOCC approval in November
- Upon approval executed contracts in November
- Construction begins January 2022 – Re-Open October 2022
Usages and funding for the unused acreage was not part of the BOCC's direction. Uses will be explored, taken to the recreation advisory board for discussion, and then taken back to the BOCC at a later date.
The last thing is the potential usage for the former First Tee property. The Fire Rescue Department and the Sheriff's Office accepted the location for a southwest regional command center joint use facility. The BOCC appropriated $335,000.00 for design and engineering. More to come in future months on this.
Understandably, many questions will arise during this process and I will be there to either answer or direct you to the person who can. Please feel free to reach out as needed. I will also be popping in to discuss with our larger groups as time permits. This is a big deal for the future of the golf course and we are all on board to make this a gem: St. Johns Golf Club Master Rendering
St. Johns Golf Club Receives Five North Florida Chapter PGA Awards – The Northern Chapter of the North Florida Section PGA (NFPGA) recently recognized the St. Johns Golf Club with several prominent awards during their annual awards meeting in January. St. Johns County received five of the organization's seventeen regional awards. St. Johns Golf Club Receives Five North Florida Chapter PGA Awards
St. Johns Golf Club
Where everyone plays!
Just minutes from St. Augustine, St. Johns Golf Club offers golfers 18 well-maintained, championship holes, and welcomes players of all ages and skills. Our knowledgeable and friendly professional staff are here to help make your experience at SJGC both enjoyable and memorable!
Featuring the area's largest public practice facilities with an expansive grass tee driving range, a private backside tee area for individual and group instruction, a two-tiered chipping green and a separate, well-manicured putting green. There is also a full-service pro shop featuring nearly all major manufacturers and on-site repair service as well.
- SJGC Men's Golf Association – Plays Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, tee times start at 7:15 a.m. Monday and Wednesday games are individual play, Friday is team play. For more info, please contact Peter Loney at (305) 772-6156.
- SJGC Ladies' Golf Association – Plays Tuesdays and Thursdays, tee times begin at 8:13 a.m., 7:30 a.m. registrations. For more info, please contact Lenore Allen (904) 540-5071 and Jane Veling (317) 752-4736.
- The Men's Club – Plays Tuesdays and Saturdays, tee times start at 8:21 a.m. on Tuesdays and 8:03 a.m. on Saturdays. For more info, please contact Bruce Joy at (904) 377-0058.
- Skins Group – Plays Thursdays and Saturdays, tee times start at 7 a.m. For more information, please contact Hollis Tinsley at (904) 797-2667.
The Player Groups and Associations are active year-round with weekly play and events. New members are welcome.
Keep current on events, specials, and course conditions with our email newsleter! Just send your email via the button below and we'll sign you up. You can unsubscribe at anytime. Please Note: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.