Welcome to St. Johns Golf Club
Voted Best of St. Augustine 2019. Come play and see why on our 18 championship holes, enjoy the St. Augustine area's largest public practice facilities, and up your game with our clinics and lessons.
Check out Late Risers Bar & Grille for delicious local eats, beer, wine & spirits! Late Risers is a chef-owned restaurant with a scratch-prepared menu featuring hot, cold, and grab-and-go items.
Visit our fully-stocked Pro Shop featuring nearly all major manufacturers, for balls, apparel, shoes, accessories, bags, and more! We also offer equipment repair.
Events & Announcements
St. Johns Golf Club Director of Golf Wes Tucker Honored with Award – St. Johns Golf Club Director of Golf Wes Tucker was honored by the Jacksonville Area Golf Association with the 2023 Golf Professional of the Year Award. This award recognizes the long-term commitment and contributions to the association and amateur golf as a whole that Tucker has made. Wes Tucker Receives Award
Winter 2024 Newsletter
Happy New Year to all!
As we dive headfirst into the winter golf season with heavy demand please be patient and aware of your place and pace on the golf course.
Tips for Faster Play
- Confirm your tee time and arrive early enough to check-in, warm up and get to the tee in advance of your time.
- Pick a tee that challenges you without being above your skill level.
- Minimize your time over the ball by playing ready golf.
- Play a second ball when a ball may be lost or out of bounds.
- Plan your shot and club choices before getting to the ball.
- Play within 20 seconds of getting to your ball.
- Use GPS to get yardage.
- While sharing a cart do not wait in the cart while the other person plays. Instead, move to your ball to prepare for your shot.
- Be helpful to others you are playing with by watching their shot, raking bunkers, picking up clubs and other materials, and attending flagsticks for them.
- Keep up with the group in front of you. Close the gap when it happens and start your pre-shot routine while waiting for areas to clear.
- It is okay to pick up on a hole you’re struggling on and even permitted under the USGA Handicapping system.
Please remember that the course is here for all. While knowing that it only takes one person playing slowly to make the rest of the players miserable.
If you are playing with that person, please encourage them to pick up the pace!
We have installed black markers as you approach the greens complexes to let you know that this area will shut down the cart and it is time to drive to the cart path. With the heavy winter traffic, the need for cart control becomes paramount in order to keep conditions the best we can have all year.
St. Johns Golf Club
Where everyone plays!
Just minutes from St. Augustine, St. Johns Golf Club offers golfers 18 well-maintained, championship holes, and welcomes players of all ages and skills. Our knowledgeable and friendly professional staff are here to help make your experience at SJGC both enjoyable and memorable!
Featuring the area's largest public practice facilities with an expansive grass tee driving range, a private backside tee area for individual and group instruction, a two-tiered chipping green and a separate, well-manicured putting green. There is also a full-service pro shop featuring nearly all major manufacturers and on-site repair service as well.
- SJGC Men's Golf Association – Plays Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, tee times start at 7:15 a.m. Monday and Wednesday games are individual play, Friday is team play. For more info, please contact Tom Welsch at (314) 973-6066.
- SJGC Ladies' Golf Association – Plays Tuesdays and Thursdays, tee times begin at 8:13 a.m., 7:30 a.m. registrations. For more info, please contact Mary Pat Wilson (703) 501-9299 and Nancy Buettner (216) 215-7076.
- The Men's Club – Plays Tuesdays and Saturdays, tee times start at 8:21 a.m. on Tuesdays and 8:03 a.m. on Saturdays. For more info, please contact Bruce Joy at (904) 377-0058.
- Skins Group – Plays Thursdays and Saturdays, tee times start at 7 a.m. For more information, please contact Hollis Tinsley at (904) 797-2667.
The Player Groups and Associations are active year-round with weekly play and events. New members are welcome.
Keep current on events, specials, and course conditions with our email newsleter! Just send your email via the button below and we'll sign you up. You can unsubscribe at anytime. Please Note: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.